Come and learn sewing machine skills and sewing techniques such as: different seam finishes, zips, buttonholes, tucks and hems.
You will learn how to read a commercial pattern, take body measurements, lay out pattern pieces and cut out the fabric. This is a great course for putting your skills into practice as you work towards making a simple A-line skirt
You will learn:
- The different part of the sewing machine
- Threading a sewing machine and winding a bobbin
- Getting the correct machine stitch length and tension
- Machine skills such as; Sewing in a straight line, curves, corners and pivoting
- Different seam finishes and hems
- To use a simple pattern; reading a pattern, pinning, marking fabric and cutting
- Identify different grain lines
- Measuring and calculating fabrics
WHO ARE THESE COURSES FOR?
No previous experience required. This course is for absolute beginners or those with little experience looking to build their sewing confidence.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE BEGINNERS DRESSMAKING CLASS:
- Your own fabric for your skirt. If you are unsure about the quantity or type of fabric please contact us so we can help you email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notepad and pen
- Camera or mobile phone to record stages of your work
- Sewing machines
- Sewing kit